2014 Gathering: 10 Reasons to Join Us
1. What, you've got plans for September 4-7, 2014? (Event starts at 1 pm, Thursday)
2. Learn new rolls from the huge Greenland repertoire and refine your stroke with tips from top national mentors Greg Stamer and Helen Wilson, plus local talent.
3. Picture yourself among the happy traditional paddlers in this photo gallery from past Gatherings and imagine your sense of bliss if you were among them.
5. See and paddle Minnesota's largest collection of hand-made, skin-on-frame kayaks.
6. Watch your loved ones' faces light with joy when you explain that you're paying good money to hang upside down in a kayak for hours.
7. Say words like "Tuilik" or "Maligiaq" without anyone nearby rolling their eyes.
8. Discuss your rolling technique with people who might actually be interested.
9. Participate in Minnesota's premier harpoon hunt of styrofoam seals.
10. Delight your spouse by bringing home hundreds of dollars of merchandise from our silent auction and raffle.